Wednesday, January 7

A Theme: Delight in the Lord

My 'theme' for 2008 was to 'Delight in the Lord'. I wanted to learn what that meant. During the year, I wrote down verses that instructed me to delight in God and verses that told me that He took delight in me. It wasn't until I came across a paragraph in a secular book about art however, that I realized the power of delight.

"The quality of life is in proportion, always, to the capacity for delight. The capacity for delight is the gift of paying attention." (italics are mine) Julia Cameron, The Artist's Way

I began paying attention to God in my life. As I paid attention, I began 'delighting' in small things that came my way. I 'delighted' in big things that came my way. I found that the quality of my life was indeed in proportion to my capacity to pay attention.

I made a 'daily delight' list where I would write down what caught my attention that day. It was a fun exercise, just to pay attention to God!

I haven't mastered this concept, but I am much more conscious of God in my everyday activities because I chose this theme.

Have you picked a theme for 2009? Share it with us:)

No comments: