Monday, June 30

A wise woman builds her house

This week I'd like to share some of my experiences and thoughts from my trip to the Dominican Republic.

The foundation for Homemakers with Hope is Proverbs 14:1 which says that a wise woman builds her house.

In the photo to the left you can see me (along with a team member named Stef in green) building a home - literally.

I have been to the Dominican twice and both times I have been reminded as I am building with hammer and nails, that God tells us that wise women build their homes and foolish ones tear them down.

The first two definitions of build are:

1.to construct (esp. something complex) by assembling and joining parts or materials: to build a house.
2.to establish, increase, or strengthen (often fol. by up): to build a business; to build up one's hopes.

On my trip last week I helped construct homes. But as women here in America, I think definition #2 applies best: we should strive to establish and strengthen our homes.

Every nail I pounded secured the homes I helped to build. Today, think of your words in that same way. Every word you say, either strengthens your home, or piece by piece (word by word) tears it down.

It's your choice!

1 comment:

Langford Family Blog said...

Looks like the trip was a success. God is good!

Jenn