Monday, June 16

Focus...

In the wee hours this morning, I took Stacy and Ryan to the airport. They are going on a missions trip to the Dominican Republic for 10 days. Stacy said the weather forecast is less than stellar...rain is forecasted every day.

I considered their energy and focus as I drove home from the airport. If the truth were told, they would rather be moving into their new home...being parents to a couple of great kids...having barbecues with neighbors, but that isn't how life is unfolding for them.

Stacy remains focused throughout it all, however. There are days when she is depressed, I'm sure. Days when questions flood her mind. Days when everyone else's life seems to be moving forward and hers' is forever in the 'wait' mode. But her focus remains firm. She is determined to figure out what being a woman after God's own heart means and so she focus' on doing the right thing day after day even when she doesn't feel like it.

How does a young woman become a wise woman? I am seeing things in Stacy... that I believe is making her into a wise woman and I would like to share a few observations in the coming days. She isn't here to refute it and so I have complete liberty to write from my vantage point!

How does a young woman become wise? Focus is the key, I think.

Even a fortune cookie I opened recently stated: "A focused mind is one of the most powerful forces in the universe."

The Bible says it this way: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your mind and with all your soul." That's focus.

Stacy's mind is focused these days. It may not be without questions or irritation or even discouragement, but it is focused. It is this focused that will see her through...even the rainy days in the DR.

No comments: