Wednesday, January 16

Being A Student

At Homemakers this week Barb gave us each a 3-ring binder and encouraged us to be students of the Word. Just as we would go to any class with our book and note-taking paper and binder, she encouraged us to go before the Lord each day with our 'study materials.'

I love the idea and am excited about putting my binder to use and filling it with all I am learning this year. She even gave us a 'skeleton' of tabs to fill it up:

Theme and goals (Notes, Scripture, our theme definition and what we are learning about our 2008 theme)

Notes (from Sunday sermons or anything we learn in our time with the Lord)

Verses (Verses we have memorized, want to remember, or want to memorize)

People (Relationships with people in our life, relationships we need to repair)

Books and quotes (Lists of books we want to read, books we did read, quotes that we found this year and want to remember)

We can customize the binder (and so can you) but the idea is not to make a perfect binder, but rather put it to use as we go before the Lord each day and become a student.

I love this idea since knowing God is my theme for 08. As I read through Scripture I am writing down attributes of God's character. As I read through stories I write down things I am learning about God that I want to know and remember. I look forward to seeing my binder filled with life-changing truths that I have learned this year.

Does this idea appeal to you? What study materials do you use in your time with the Lord? Would you consider grabbing a 3-ring binder and becoming a student of the Lord in 08?

No comments: