Thursday, January 17

Study...It's Biblical!

As much as I need to sit and listen to God, I have discovered over the years the importance of being a student of the Word as well. It is in KNOWING the Bible and God's character that I am able to find peace when my days are harried.

2 Timothy 2:15 says to "study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that doesn't need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

For many years I took this to be the job of a pastor or teacher. But I have found through experience that I need to have the ability to search the scriptures and be able to find answers with confidence as I experience the ups and downs of life.

The Bible also repeats itself in the need to SEEK God.

Here are some verses to check out in your quiet time:

Hebrews 11:66 "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."

Acts 17:2727 "God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us."

Lam 3:25 "The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;"

Deut 4:29 "But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul."

Jer 29:13 "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart "

What we started in Homemakers with Hope is just a basic binder...meant to be customized to fit each gal's style and journey with God. It will be a nice reference every year, with all of one year's insight in one place. It is not meant to take the place of praying and listening, but should add to those disciplines as God speaks to us and shows us what we need to learn in 2008.

Give it a try and let's journey together.

No comments: