Friday, January 4

He Makes All Things New

Steven Curtis Chapman has a song titled "All Things New." I love that song... "You redeem and You transform, You renew and You restore. You make all things new." Praise God for those beautiful words.

Revelations 21:5 says, "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful."

So in 2008 I am writing to tell you that God makes all things new because I believe those words are true and that we have a God who is faithful. He promises to make ALL things new.

While it may not be this side of Heaven that we will see things made new, what joy it brings to know that one day God will wipe all our tears away and death, sorrow, crying and pain will be no more.

I feel a sense of peace that my God declared for all people of all time that he is a God who makes all things new.

A dear friend who had a difficult 2007 shared with me a few weeks ago that she woke up to "All Things New" playing on her radio. She is believing and trusting in a God who makes all things new. She is choosing to believe that 2008 is a New Year with new potential, new hopes and new dreams.

I am choosing to believe 2008 will be a year filled with new opportunities, new lessons learned, and new memories.

I pray that the words of Revelation 21 will encourage your heart today as you claim the promise that God makes all things new!

No comments: