Monday, January 7

Wise Women Make Good Use of Their Time!

I am not a real dogmatic person. I don't like confrontation and I would prefer to listen to someone else talk rather than control the conversation myself. There are a few topics, however, that I can get very passionate about. Making good use of my time is one of them. I can be passionate about it because I have not always held that conviction. As a young wife, I thought I had all the time in the world. I wasn't even aware that I should be more conscious of how I spent my days. I would love to go back to those days with the awareness I have now about time-management and apply some of those skills to my life. Wow, my life would have been so much easier and enjoyable. I loved being on my own and when I got married, I loved the feeling of being spontaneous and flexible. All of that is fine, but there needs to be some focus and balance. I had a terrible time changing my habits and getting my schedule in order and my time under control, so that is why I would like to shout it from the roof-tops to all aspiring wise women: WISE WOMEN MAKE GOOD USE OF THEIR TIME! This New Year, be honest with yourself as to how good a time manager you are. Ephesians 6:15-16 says we are to "live not as unwise, but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." That Biblical principle could have saved me YEARS, if I had only intentionally obeyed it. A house doesn't get organized by itself, the meals don't get made, my body doesn't get a work-out, and on the list goes if TIME isn't managed. What might be a time waster for you?
1. E-mail is a newer phenomenon and a potential time waster
2. Surfing the internet without a specific purpose or time limit (set a timer if you are in the habit of doing this!)
3. Running to the grocery story too often because you haven't taken the time to plan a menu and prepare a list
4. Talking on the phone can be a subtle time waster
5. Distractions can pull you off track if you aren't mindful of your time.
6. TV can grab you in a minute and before you know it,an hour has gone by!
7. Disorganization (more about this in the days ahead!)

It's a New Year. It's a New Week! Start today to live in the moment and consider how you are spending your time. I've quoted Ps 90:12 before, "Teach me to number my days aright, that I may gain a heart of wisdom"
Now go and become wise!!

No comments: