Thursday, January 24

A place for everything....

For Christmas I got a CD of a talk by Organized Audrey (yes, my friends know me well...they followed up Queen of the Castle and the Label Maker with a motivational speaker on organization!). Side note: how organized does one have to be to get the professional title of organized before their name? Wow!

The CD has some great tips and one of the easiest to remember and implement is that everything in your home needs a home. That seems so obvious....especially when I think of the old saying "A place for everything and everything in its place!"

The more I thought about it, and observed my home, I realized that many things in my home, don't have a home. I shuffle papers from here to there, I move things from one room to another, one drawer to another... I mean to file them, or store them, or display them, but I'm just not sure where.

Audrey also says that clutter is a result of delayed decisions. Oh my. I delay all the time. And the reason is that I don't know where it should go because it doesn't have a home!

See the cycle? I found this great article online about "A place for everything...." If you don't have time to read it all, scroll down to the 6 points and read through those.

In the process of organizing my home, I bought containers for our bathroom and placed like items in each: sunscreen and lotions, bug spray, nail care, lotions, medicines, first aid items, travel items, restocking items and my toiletries and my husband's toiletries. Every single thing in our bathroom has a place and it seems to be working quite well.

Ahhhh...at least one room is taken care of!

Have any of you tackled a room, or even a drawer, in your home? Lets encourage and motivate one another. I'd love to hear your challenges and successes!

Here's to a happy and someday-everything-in-its-place home!

No comments: