Tuesday, September 15

Introducing another homemaker

Betsy has been in our Homemakers with Hope group since the very beginning. She will be contributing to the blog on Wednesdays.


About Betsy:

I guess it is my turn to introduce myself. My name is Betsy and I absolutely love being a wife, mother and homemaker. My heart’s desire is to be the kind woman that God wants me to be. I have been married for 14 years to my very best friend, Jeff. I feel so blessed to be married to a man who truly makes me a better person. We have been blessed with two beautiful young girls, Abigail, age 8, and Maddie, age 3. Yes, there are 5 years between them by choice - as you get to know me you will realize that I am a very organized and planned person. As one of my friends stated after having my second daughter, “You were able to maintain order in your home while the rest of us had to let that go.” I think that sums it up pretty well. Besides organizing I also enjoy scrapbooking, entertaining, and going to the movies with Jeff.

One other thing that you should probably know is that I am not a fan of writing. I have no trouble talking and sharing my opinion; I am just not a writer. By the time you read this it will have been re-written 10 times and proofed by my husband at least 12 times. I am self-conscience about my writing so this will be a challenge for me, but I am confident that it will help me focus my thoughts and share my passions which is always a good thing.

I have been a Christian since a very young age, and my greatest desire is to have my everyday life reflect my relationship with Jesus Christ. I want to be a Christian who makes God look good - which is not always easy being an imperfect person. All I know is that a life without Jesus is something I cannot fathom. I look forward to seeing how God uses this to draw me closer to Him and His plan for my life. I hope that it will encourage and challenge you in your walk with Jesus as a wife, mother, homemaker. . .woman after God’s own heart. Thanks for joining me in this journey. . .happy homemaking!

No comments: