Monday, September 28

Living Intentionally

Joan Webb, co-author of the book, The Intentional Woman, defines intentional living:

"If I live intentionally, being true to my own personality, serving out of my God-given giftedness and calling, I no longer feel a need to envy anyone else's career, marriage, ministry, talents, or mission."

Who wouldn't want to become an intentional woman when it is defined in such a way! What freedom comes from being an intentional woman.

Carol Travilla, the other author of this book spoke at a woman's conference at our church when my kids were little. I still remember the impact she had on me with the questions she asked. When I discovered she had written this book, I was excited to share it with Homemakers.

Living Intentionally means I am proactive in my habits and responses. I respond rather than react to life's circumstances because I have a clear focus on where I am going.

Four Benefits come from Living Intentionally:
1. Develop confidence and self-respect
2. Gain focus and direction
3. Concentrate on God's idea for me, not someone else's
4. Avoid burnout

It doesn't take long to see these benefits appear in my life when I am living intentionally. It is a discipline that I need to be aware of daily, however.

What benefit of intentional living interests me right now? I would say number 4.

Avoid burnout.

My life is full and I enjoy it all but to truly benefit from all that I have going on in my life right now, I need to be intentional in what I choose to do and what I let go. It has only increased my enjoyment of what I find myself doing.

Which benefit of Intentional Living interest you right now?

No comments: